We had a fantastic evening in Bangor as we awarded the winners in the Opening Up Digital Fiction Writing Competition. We were able to livestream the whole thing, and it’s been recorded for posterity, so if you missed it, hop on over to YouTube to see the whole event. Tweet us at @ReadDigFic and use #OpeningUpDF to let us know what you think!
The slides from the presentation can be seen here (including all the shortlists and winners).
The winners are:
- Judges’ Prize: Alan Bigelow, for How to Rob a Bank
- People’s Choice: StoryMax, for Frritt-Flacc by Jules Verne
- Student Prize: Kaitlyn Ensley, for Astra Inclinant
- Children’s Digital Fiction: The Marino Family, for Book 3: Switcheroo, Mrs. Wobbles & the Tangerine House
Honourable mentions went to:
- Judges’ Prize: Emma Pooka, for Bad Influences: A Blog Fiction
- People’s Choice: Dean Hammer, for Psychic High
- Student Prize: Benjamin Woodier, for Slumber
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who sent in entries! We had 110 entries from 24 countries, with 34 student entries. We were so pleased by the quality of the entries we received, and all the new digital fiction readers we were able to reach.